Search Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dominion of the Northern Marches Forum Index -> Crafting
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

re: Looking for T2 +5 uc armorsmith gate materials.

Ooo. I'm always up for buying mats. That's the only real annoying thing about this gate; There's no army of gatherers and merchants keeping AHs stocked and prices reasonable.

Surprise, surprise. I was planning on being lazy and buying my way through this gate.  :)

I'll check in TK in a couple of weeks when I'm back in game. I never touch the settlement stuff though, not for personal gear.

Oh hey, I still have a batch of crystals for you.

aussiedwarf
Battle Veteran

There is about 1k wool up for sale in Thornkeep, wink wink nudge nudge. Of the wool that I have been gathering, I have also been putting 10% of it into the OV settlement vault so there may be some there.

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Total in-game progress for June and July:

25 coarse padding +3

1 coarse padding +4

1 coarse padding +5

222 fine yarn +3

23 fine yarn +4

Riveting, eh? See you all in two to three weeks. Don't burn the place down while I'm gone.

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Nice. That might save some running in the future. I had mulefulls of materials spread out from TG to TK anyway, not sure there was an efficient way to go about it at all. Heh. It'll probably be easier to spend a couple of days gathering anagogic in the woods and then run to TG for unlimited wool.

For the amount of wire I'll need to make, it'll mean moving heavy stuff across the map no matter what. While there are some nice clusters here and there for small batch needs, heavily loaded hexes of the big three (coal, iron, lodeystone) seem pretty spread out. I mean, I'd hate to be a showoff and slam out two full batches of +5 wire in one go down in Talonguard.  ;)

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

Hobson Fiffledown wrote:

Well, I have a +5 padding now. Also, I have 130 +3 fine yarn. Fuck you, fine yarn.

Is there a wool hex near OV? There are some great ones near TG. My patience for gathering always runs out before the top tier.  ;)  But the walks back and forth to OV are killing me.

Are crits on crafting related to the settlement level? That's what I'm assuming, I'm just going for best numbers possible. Am I doing all this walking for nothing other than a shorter craft time?

Settlement level only affects crafting TIME. Your skill determines crit chance.

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Well, I have a +5 padding now. Also, I have 130 +3 fine yarn. Fuck you, fine yarn.

Is there a wool hex near OV? There are some great ones near TG. My patience for gathering always runs out before the top tier.  ;)  But the walks back and forth to OV are killing me.

Are crits on crafting related to the settlement level? That's what I'm assuming, I'm just going for best numbers possible. Am I doing all this walking for nothing other than a shorter craft time?

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Nice. I only need T2 stuff.

(4) Fine Yarn +5

(1) Coarse Padding +5

I'll separate out some +3 batch materials and see how many I have. I'll be around on Ruprecht in OV.

EDIT: Ah. Just read that you'll be gone. Have a great trip! I'll catch up later.

I'm feelin' lucky. I have mats for 5 batches of each that I might just have to throw on the fire.

EDIT EDIT: One day I will bury my enemies in these unending piles of +3 things.

HWdW
Battle Veteran

Hobson I have a level 17 weaver that is probably free later today in OV...but whether I will be on to help is another question...travelling with family this weekend, back in TX Wednesday evening.  I can make silk sheets +3 but not thread.  I can do all T1 and T2 stuff.

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Sounds like mules are the way to go. I just hiked two down to TG this morning.

Gathering questions and clarifications - In a T1/T2 hex with coal, will a rank 6 miner pull more T1 materials per attempt than a rank 7 miner?

Then there's the rub of Hobson (r7 miner) having a better encumbrance than my r6 miners. So, even if the draw is a little better, is it more efficient? I can't do math, so we'll never know.

Now, I probably could use a weaver (Mine's 16) if anyone has some free time. I actually have some materials for that.

Sthrax
Battle Veteran

Hobson Fiffledown wrote:

Speaking of gathering, are there any good coal deposits near OV, or is loading up a mule at Talonguard the way to go?

You can get coal in the hexes immediately east of OV, but it isn't tremendously abundant.  If you just want to gather a bit while waiting to do something else, its fine.  If you want to get large volumes efficiently, muling it in from Talonguard is the way to go. 

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

Hobson Fiffledown wrote:

Speaking of gathering, are there any good coal deposits near OV, or is loading up a mule at Talonguard the way to go?

I wouldn't say "good" but rather normal. West of Tavernhold is the absolute coal mining heaven. Well worth a trip so far. Be sure to bring a mule.

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Hobson Fiffledown
Battle Veteran

Yeah, the Muffled Steel Shirt isn't the most efficient choice, but at least I can use all of the extra bits. A leftover hoard of plate and gold bars isn't too useful for me. If I was really in a hurry to break this gate, I wouldn't have unsubbed this crafter account because of it, lol. It only took T3 becoming mandatory and me forgetting I was stuck at this gate to resub it.  :D

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

The Count says "Two! Two +5DSW! Ah hahaha!" Very well!

This will be The Count's longest bit on Sesame Street. All the way to the 40's!

NailU2
Battle Veteran

Based on experience of 10+ people who have gone thru this gate, I recommend Ornate Steel Plate +5.  You only need 2 Dwarven Steel Plate +5, 7 Dwarven Steel Plate +4, 8 Gold Bars +5, 1 Coarse Padding +5.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dominion of the Northern Marches Forum Index -> Crafting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: