Search Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dominion of the Northern Marches Forum Index -> Crafting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gicker
Graduate

re: Crafting Guide?

Hi guys,

Is there a good crafting guide that someone can recommend?  Something that takes you from no crafting at all up to the higher tiers of crafting?

Cheers

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

re: Re: Crafting Guide?

Gicker wrote:

Hi guys,

Is there a good crafting guide that someone can recommend?  Something that takes you from no crafting at all up to the higher tiers of crafting?

Cheers

I am not aware of an actual "guide" per se. More like spreadsheets that detail athe ranks required and the ingredients needed. It basically boils down to this:

For Crafters and Refiners, starting at the bottom, you will need to craft uncommon and common items to +3. You can short cut by crafting each of those at +3 and get all those achieves at once or do it the hard way: +0 then +1 then +2 then +3.

For purposes of what is what, crafter recipes that are found(not gained through buying a rank with xp) are always uncommon. For refiners, many are common and gained by ranking up, but some are not, An example would be Cold Iron Blanks, only gained by finding it.

So refiners that have no group have a harder time. You don't have that problem. You have us.  Yet you still need the ranks that allow you to learn the + recipes to get further ranks.

A crafter can take +3 refined materials and make +3 common and uncommon regardless of rank, if he has one uncommon recipe. Easy Peasy.

There are some cases where the reqs ask for a certain number of Craft achieve points instead of +2 uncommon(for example). You can get that by crafting a set of wool mittens +3. We can give you the coarse yarn +3 and you need not buy any tailor ranks at all.

It is pretty much the same in T2, but T3 gets a bit more demanding.

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

If you would like much more detail, GO HERE.

Select the Crafting tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Notice that there are columns detailing what xp, ability scores, achievements, and even what ability score boost you will get for training a rank. Excellent reference sheet that has not been topped yet IMHO.

Gicker
Graduate

Did you post the link?  Clicking not seeming to work.

JasmineO'Toole
Issued Ammo

Please bear with Bringslite.

He has an internet disability.

Very, very severe.

HWdW
Battle Veteran

re: Crafting guide info

Much useful data can be obtained from goblinary.com , the other place is Spitfire's dropbox spreadsheet to which for some reason I'm unable to post a link here.  (that may be BL's problem also).  I think if you google it you can find it, or next time you're in TS ask someone to paste it there for you.

Gicker
Graduate

Nice, thanks guys.

Gicker
Graduate

Well don't I feel silly...

There's a link at the top right of the patcher that says.... Crafting Guide...

Here's the link

HWdW
Battle Veteran

Well....yes...there's that too!

Admin George
Battle Veteran

I checked the guide and spreadsheet, but not clear on something:

Oihana is Sawyer 12 currently, with 60 crafting points; will she be able to advance all the way up to Sawyer 20 with this skill alone, or do I need to get a second refining skill* up to a certain level to meet the gating/crafting points requirements?

Same question for Durin who is Smelter 11/20.

*Not interested in any crafting skills if I can avoid it.

Bringslite
Battle Veteran

Admin George wrote:

I checked the guide and spreadsheet, but not clear on something:

Oihana is Sawyer 12 currently, with 60 crafting points; will she be able to advance all the way up to Sawyer 20 with this skill alone, or do I need to get a second refining skill* up to a certain level to meet the gating/crafting points requirements?

Same question for Durin who is Smelter 11/20.

*Not interested in any crafting skills if I can avoid it.

You will have to see as you go along. Requirements will be laid out. Likely the most that you will need after lvl 12 are ability points and to meet the item refining pre reqs.

OMM99
Issued Ammo

Not sure if the crafting points will be as much of an issue - but the Con for sawyer will be, normally need a second harvest / refine / craft to hit the 30 required for L 20 from miner/smelter/tanner (need it well before that).

I think a single craft only provides 11.366 stat bonus by level 20 so if doing just 2 refine or crafts and no other skills would stop at @ L17 in both...

Of course I don't do refining or crafting so am quite possibly wrong...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: