Search Box
1
 
Forums
Dominion of the Northern Marches Forum Index -> News
Username
Options

BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Disable BBCode in this post
Disable Smilies in this post
Human Verification
Second Human Verification
Please answer this question:

What is 14 + 2?

 Note: All BBCode is disabled for Guest Posters. Link & Image URLs are not removed,
but images will not be embedded nor links activated.
 
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Jump to:  
Author Message
Bringslite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

From what I can tell:


1. We all agree that we need to increase the strength of Holdings throughout our lands.


2. We agreed to set Mondays aside as "Influence Farming" days for companies by turn.


3. We are considering setting aside Monday or a different day as "Building Upgrade Day" in which we play and contribute to a "Building Upgrade Fund" all that we loot on that day.


4. We are going to do an experiment of a "Closed Dominion Economy" through Caer Coedwig being an exclusive Auction House for Alliance members only.


Finite details were not established at the meeting.

OMM99
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Was unable to get to a TS machine at lunch... anything major decided?


 

Sthrax
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: TS Meeting MONDAY August 14, 2017 @10 PM EST

Since I don't use a mic, and also given BL's comments on time vs agenda, I will answer some things in advance.  I speak only for myself and OV, not for any other Dominion member.


 











Admin George wrote:

 


 -Blacklists & Whitelists: Are we going to use individual lists or a Dominion wide list?


My hope is for Dominion-wide lists, however, I recognize that history and personal intereactions play a part in this.  I have no issue with BHA/EBA or whatever they go by now, but completely understand why the HRC guys may want them blacklisted, and would support their desire to do so.  I do/did not place any individual, company or settlement on the blacklist without consideration.


-Blacklists & Whitelists: Are we going to use Blacklists or Whitelists?


OV uses a blacklist- its straight forward and will seemlessly transition into the system's improvements and isn't a workaround.  


 


I realize the current implementation lacks granularity and precise control, and that has made the cases of non-allies, non-blacklist a bit complicated. However, I decided to limit training and crafting to OV & allies.  My reason is that for a long time before the EE12 changes, OV was the defacto place to train for much of the server.  Very few of those outsiders helped pay our bulk costs, helped defend our holdings, or frankly offered anything to us as a thank you- they did it because they could, and it allowed them to save their bulk and minimize their holdings.  Even worse, several groups that actively attacked our holdings and players, and stripped our resources, would train and bank at OV.  Currently, neutrals can bank and use the inn at OV, and once training fees can be set and go to the settlement, training for neutrals will return, albeit at an increased cost.  In the mean time, any neutral group that wishes to train at OV only needs to apply as an ally as a temporary fix.


 


-Blacklists & Whitelists: What settlements are going to be included and excluded?


 OV has blacklisted the AL and the bandit settlements.  In addition, AL companies and individuals that actively participated in attacks on Dominion holdings have been blacklisted.  AL and its associated companies and individuals will not be removed until restitution is made.


-Character Roster: Encourage players to participate and keep current?


 Sure, although some players are rather skittish on giving out too much character info.  I will try to be better about updating it.


-EE 13 Invaders: Determine a way to better coordinate hex defense; regional defense forces?


 I have a T3 combat character at Staalgard to help in the East, and 2 T3 comabt guys at OV to cover the central and some of the West.  Some overall planning to help cover as many hexes as possible seems wise.


-EE 13 Invaders: Create different PVP windows for different time zones & settlements?


 Seems smart.


-EE 13 Invaders: How much bulk goods to leave in Holdings while invasions are active?


 Invaders only nuke the current days output.  Player raiders can get the daily output +5% of what's in the holding.  I like to keep roughly 1 to 2 months bulk supply in holdings to cover unexpected absences, especially busy ingame needs (excessive invaders, working escaltions down to kill them).


-EE 13 Town Crier/Recruitment: Establish individual or Dominion wide recruitment message?  Perhaps both.


 


-Forums: Encourage it usage? Yes


 


-Leadership Positions; Current: Update to reflect current active leadership/players?


If it needs it, sure.


 


-Leadership Positions; Clarify who is responsible & speaks for each settlement?


I was not aware this was unclear... 


 


-Resource gathering: Serious lack of raw materials; encourage active players to gather?


 Sure, but I'll do it to help, not because I find it fun.  Little other way to encourage me to gather as a combat-preferring player.


-Settlements: What level each settlement should have?


 I believe it is going to be hard to have more than 2-3 Dominion settlements at 20. As the settlement system morphs into intended form, certain settlements may have a few buildings at 20 and the rest at a much lower level, but we can only plan so much when the system may be tweaked.  As for which settlements are at 20, I'm open to discussing any and all options.


-Settlements: What focus should each settlement have, what makes it unique?


 OV has a Cleric/Fighter focus, with future paladin support.  The current plan is to provide as much crafting support as we can.  It is lawful Good, with a Cathedral of Justice.


 


 


-Settlements: How many companies are needed & where to place new players?


 Currently thinking new players need to go where they best fit in.  As much as I'd love to add a new wizard to OV's ranks, they might make more sense in Alderwag.  We can always shift companies and people later.  The company question is better as "How many companies at each settlement should have holdings?"  In which case I'd say more to reduce influence load on any one company and to make any settlement attacks cost more influence and time.


 



 

Bringslite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:










Admin George wrote:










Bringslite wrote:

George,


We do have many things to discuss about the future, perhaps though you might consider paring down your list to a few items for this meeting. That is a very big list to even attempt to get through. Are the original reasons(topics) that Nails called a meeting for even in your list?




George wrote:
"Nails will take the lead, and while not all topics may be covered in one meeting at least we can start on those that the participating members feel are the most pressing to discuss."



BL,
As mentioned above, I am not leading the meeting our selecting the topics, I just summarized various days of conversations on things to talk about. It is up to Nails and "participating members" to select the topics for discussions.  Happy



 Agree! I don't think that we can run a productive meeting with that many topics in one session. I suggest that we try 1-3 of your most pressing concerns that are not covered by Nails' original agenda.


When we really start growing we are going to need to be a bit more organized and have possibly weekly meetings. I think that we should approach most topics with careful thought. Most of our player base comes from the former Coal Road group and they are much less inclined to be bound by a bunch of Laws, Procedures, Rules, etc.. We have to be organized and yet recognizing of style and work it all into some sort of "Perfect Machine"


If I were to bring a topic to this meeting it would be about deciding and starting a Central Stockpile for Dominion materials, gear, upgrading holdings and buildings. A stockpile that is overseen and used ONLY for specific things. Even deciding what things to use such a stockpile for would likely eat up a couple hours of discussion time.

Admin George
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:










Bringslite wrote:

George,


We do have many things to discuss about the future, perhaps though you might consider paring down your list to a few items for this meeting. That is a very big list to even attempt to get through. Are the original reasons(topics) that Nails called a meeting for even in your list?




George wrote:
"Nails will take the lead, and while not all topics may be covered in one meeting at least we can start on those that the participating members feel are the most pressing to discuss."



BL,
As mentioned above, I am not leading the meeting our selecting the topics, I just summarized various days of conversations on things to talk about. It is up to Nails and "participating members" to select the topics for discussions.  Happy

Bringslite
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

George,


We do have many things to discuss about the future, perhaps though you might consider paring down your list to a few items for this meeting. That is a very big list to even attempt to get through. Are the original reasons(topics) that Nails called a meeting for even in your list?

Admin George
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Other: Create a month long poll for determining future dates and times for regular Dominion TS meetings?


(Depending on player response, I would not be surprised if we ended up with separate American, European and Australian Time Zone meetings.)

Admin George
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: TS Meeting MONDAY August 14, 2017 @10 PM EST

Revised: 8/12/17


 


TS Meeting MONDAY August 14, 2017 @10 PM EST


 


With EE13 released and introducing a lot of new features into the game, it is a good time to have a group meeting to discuss some of the topics listed below. Nails will take the lead, and while not all topics may be covered in one meeting at least we can start on those that the participating members feel are the most pressing to discuss.


 


Please pass the word to everyone who logs onto TS this weekend about this meeting so they can make arraignments to participate, as not everyone reads the forums.


 


Topics of Discussions:


 


-Alignments


 


-Blacklists & Whitelists


 


-Character Roster


 


-Dominion Constitution


 


-EE 13 Azoth


 


-EE 13 Gushers


 


-EE 13 Invaders


 


-EE 13 Raiding


 


-EE 13 Town Crier/Recruitment


 


-Escalations


 


-Forums


 


-Leadership Positions; Current


 


-Leadership Positions; Future


 


-Library System


 


-Resource gathering  


 


-Resource mapping


 


-Settlements


 


 


 


Questions*:


 


-Blacklists & Whitelists: Are we going to use individual lists or a Dominion wide list?


 


-Blacklists & Whitelists: Are we going to use Blacklists or Whitelists?


 


-Blacklists & Whitelists: What settlements are going to be included and excluded?


 


-Character Roster: Encourage players to participate and keep current?


 


-EE 13 Invaders: Determine a way to better coordinate hex defense; regional defense forces?


 


-EE 13 Invaders: Create different PVP windows for different time zones & settlements?


 


-EE 13 Invaders: How much bulk goods to leave in Holdings while invasions are active?


 


-EE 13 Raiding: Establish a system for checking feud windows and reporting findings?


 


-EE 13 Town Crier/Recruitment: Establish individual or Dominion wide recruitment message?


 


-Forums: Encourage it usage?


 


-Forums: Recommend it be cleaned up a bit and make it more new player friendly?


 


-Leadership Positions; Current: Update to reflect current active leadership/players?


 


-Leadership Positions; Clarify who is responsible & speaks for each settlement?


 


-Leadership Positions; Future: Economic & Crafting Coordinator


 


-Leadership Positions; Future: Foreign Policy Coordinator


 


-Leadership Positions; Future: Military Defense Coordinator


 


-Leadership Positions; Future: Monster Escalation Coordinator


 


-Leadership Positions; Future: Trade Coordinator


 


-Library System: Determine a way to coordinate the collection, distributions and use of recipes?


 


-Resource gathering: Serious lack of raw materials; encourage active players to gather?


 


-Resource mapping: Encourage players to participate in updating this information?


 


-Settlements: What level each settlement should have?


 


-Settlements: What focus should each settlement have, what makes it unique?


 


-Settlements: What Holdings & Outposts are needed, taking a look at the Dominion as a whole?


 


-Settlements: How many companies are needed & where to place new players?


 


-Settlements: Determine a way to coordinate to grind for influence?


 


 


*The above are just some questions, feel free to add more below and I will update this post as needed.


 

 
 
Guild Alliance
 
Site Search Widget
Who's Online
Spread the Word
Site Contributions
PayPal Donation
1